Sunday, June 8, 2014

Chocolate Cupcakes - an easy recipe


Like my wise sibling always tells me baking is an exact science, unlike cooking, where you can throw a few ingredients together and get something really good. As such here is a simple fail proof chocolate cupcake recipe that is quick and easy to make. 


Chocolate Cupcake Recipe

100g flour
20g cocoa
140g castor sugar
1.5 tspn baking powder
1 pinch of salt
40g unsalted butter (at room temp)

1 egg
120ml milk
1/4 tspn vanilla essence 

1. Mix all the dry ingredients with the butter. 
2. In a separate bowl whisk the milk, egg and vanilla essence. 
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, bit by bit, mixing after each addition. 
4. Make sure you don't over mix it.  
5. Fill up cupcake holders 3/4 of the way. I love the silicone ones. 
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180C. 

Allow to cool before icing them. Add whatever icing you would like. I love butter icing, so all I do is cream some butter, add some cocoa, a lot of icing sugar and if need be a few drops of milk. Making icing is clearly not an exact science.


These are great to share with friends. I took some over to my sibling's place and like a good guest I forgot the tupperware and silicone cups there, which she had to clean. No such thing as a free lunch. :P