Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Read this: The Fault in our Stars

Every so often a book comes around that you totally judge by its cover. The first time I saw the blue and black cover I grabbed the book from the shelf and read the back. Another. Cancer. Story. Not quite the head space I wanted to find myself in. 

A few weeks ago a good friend told me to read this book as it was totally my kind of book. I was not having a good week, and said I really did  not want to cry. She assured me it was a happy story. I took the book home with me and forgot about it. After messing around on my iPad for way too long one evening, I decided to start reading a book before bed instead of Twitter. I started with The Fault in our Stars.

The Fault in our Stars

I read the first chapter and smiled. It was a great story. After each chapter you want to read more and more. I took this book with me to read while away in the bush for the weekend. At times I became so engrossed in the story I was the rude kid in the braai area trying to have a conversation while finishing the book. I don't want to give anything away but this is not a typical love story, it is a story that will make you think, laugh, cry and at the end be pleasant to remember. 



After I finished the book I found out it was being made into a movie. Check out the trailer below.