Friday, May 18, 2012

Thrift Store Fun: SPCA Randburg

A rabbit, a hedgehog, otter, owl and fox walk into a bar....


So yesterday I decided to take a trip to the SPCA. I noticed it the other day and saw that they also had a thrift store. They have some pretty cool stuff and I happened to find these awesome plates. They were stacked on top of each other so I only saw the fox, but loved it anyway. 

I have a coaster obsession and thought a set of fox coasters would be awesome. The whole set cost me R5 (and can you believe that some people actually ask for discount at the SPCA store? They had signs all over the shop explaining how the money is used for the animals, and that they will not give discounts). I was super excited when I opened up the stack and saw that I had a Happy Animal Family coaster set. 

The SPCA Randburg is situated on Witkoppen Road and is open on Tuesday to Friday from 8.30 to 15.30 and from 8.30 to 12.00 on Saturday. You can drop off stuff on Mondays. So the next time you are throwing out old stuff, why not give it to the SPCA.