Thursday, June 2, 2011

Awesome Animals: A

This is Salvador Dali and his pet anteater. Note the beast's lead. You can see more famous people and their pets on this blog. If you have some extra time on your hands, then google anteaters in sweaters. It is a real thing. Next up on the list are aardvarks. It is one of my life goals to see one in the flesh, even though they are pretty difficult to spot, I shall continue on my quest. I also want to go to Botswana to see this giant aardvark statue, only so that I can have it as my profile picture. Why else? Another awesome animal starting with an a would have to be the armadillo. The fact that they are related to anteaters and sloths makes them awesome, but this cartoon series by Mike Hollingsworth, well that just makes them, legendary. And now for something completely different: tea with Stephen Fry and Lady Gaga. Read the interview here. I shall leave you with a bit of Black Adder the Third.
"Prince George: [reading] "Medium-sized insectivore with protruding nasal implement." Doesn't sound much like a bee to me!
Blackadder: It's an aardvark your highness, can't you see that? It's a bloody aardvark!"