Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Tomato Soup aka Twighlight Soup

The best quote I ever heard regarding soup was "He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup" - Noel Gallager about his brother Liam. 

When it gets cold and rainy, it's time to whip out comfort food. Soup is one such food. This recipe is adapted from a vegetarian cookbook my BFF gave me when I was in my five year vegetarian phase. To those who hate tomato soup, this recipe is delicious and unlike any tomato soup I've ever tasted.

tomato soup how to
Twilight Soup in 5 easy steps. You're welcome. 
You'll need: 5 fresh chopped tomatoes, 1 can of chopped tomatoes, 1 cup of vegetable stock, 1 chopped onion, garlic & coriander. 
  1. Chop the onions and saute in olive oil with garlic. 
  2. Add the can of tomatoes and chopped fresh tomoatoes
  3. Add the vegetable stock (I make a cup, You can use chicken stock if you want to)
  4. Bring to the boil, then allow to simmer for at least 20 minutes
  5. Add salt & pepper to taste, chopped coriander and blend away
Serve with toast and garnish with fresh coriander. #Yummy