The best quote I ever heard regarding soup was "He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup" - Noel Gallager about his brother Liam.
When it gets cold and rainy, it's time to whip out comfort food. Soup is one such food. This recipe is adapted from a vegetarian cookbook my BFF gave me when I was in my five year vegetarian phase. To those who hate tomato soup, this recipe is delicious and unlike any tomato soup I've ever tasted.
|Twilight Soup in 5 easy steps. You're welcome.|
You'll need: 5 fresh chopped tomatoes, 1 can of chopped tomatoes, 1 cup of vegetable stock, 1 chopped onion, garlic & coriander.
- Chop the onions and saute in olive oil with garlic.
- Add the can of tomatoes and chopped fresh tomoatoes
- Add the vegetable stock (I make a cup, You can use chicken stock if you want to)
- Bring to the boil, then allow to simmer for at least 20 minutes
- Add salt & pepper to taste, chopped coriander and blend away