Thursday, June 20, 2013

The Catcher in the Rye

The first time I read The Catcher in the Rye was when I was in my third year at university. I was 20 years old and going through what I guess every varisty student goes through: confusion. 

I learned from my friends that they had read it in high school and it was one of those "must read" books. I remember laying by the pool and not being able to to put the book down. Usually this is a good thing, but I couldn't even put it down to put on some sun screen. Lesson learnt. 

Anyway you should read it. It is a good book and you wouldn't want to be caught out when someone says "Have you read Catcher in the Rye?" 

Another reason to the read the book: a movie is probably (not?) on it's way

Here is a letter that the reclusive author, J.D Salinger wrote explaining why. To read the entire letter, click here. 


And finally, a quote:




*