Friday, April 12, 2013

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

My awesome friends, Dan & Lauren always get me the best presents, and by that I mean books. They have introduced me to some awesome authors who I would probably never have stumbled upon. One of these books is The Perks of Being a Wallflower. 


I started reading it and couldn't put it down. It is written as a diary slash journal and has a Catcher in the Rye kind of feel to it. And of course at the end there is a TWIST. 

When I found out that there would be a movie made based on the book, I was so excited. And the movie did not fail to disappoint.


Also the soundtrack is also pretty cool. What's not to love about David Bowie's Hero?

And finally, there are some very cool one liners, but this one has to be my favourite:

Charlie: Do you like football?
Patrick: LOVE it.
[cheering]
Patrick: Be aggressive Passive aggressive

*