Wednesday, December 5, 2012

3 Advent Calendars that you can make

So the other day my buddy bought me my very own Advent Calendar. You would think that by now I would be over such things, but it makes my day awesome. Yesterday I almost forgot to eat my chocolate behind door number 3, but just before bed, I remembered. Luckily. 

Here are some cool advent calendars that you can make. 

1. Make a Christmas City


Taken from Mr Printables.

2. Extra Baggage Advent Calendar


Make your very own in this easy to follow tutorial from Lovely Things.  What I like mod about this is that the little gifts are not limited to chocolates, heck you could put entire boxes of chocolates in these bad boys. 

3. Advent Calendar turned Christmas Tree Ornament


How cool are these from MiniEco? And best of all after carefully removing your gift, you could string these back together and add them to your Christmas Tree. 

A little bit about the History of the Advent Calendar (in easy to read point form)


  • The first printed Advent Calendar, although without windows to open, was published in 1908.
  • At the beginning of the 20th Lang produced the first Advent Calendars with little doors to open.
  • World War II terminated the success of this German tradition. 
  • The cardboard was rationed and it was forbidden to produce Calendars with pictures. 
  • The first printed speciems after the war were printed by Richard Sellmer in 1946.