So last week my kind roommate and her boyfriend were whipping up some waffles and they offered me one of these delicious treats. Nothing beats a waffle with some vanilla ice cream and syrup.
I have become kind of obsessed with this tasty treat of late, on the road trip back from Louis Trichardt we stopped at a Wimpy and got our waffle on. I had the bar one waffle, which is as the name suggests, a delicious waffle with melted bar one as well as little bite sizes pieces of bar one. Heaven in your mouth, or as Die Antwoord likes to say "Like an angel has peed in your mouth".
Here is a waffle recipe so that you can feed your face.
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1¾ cups whole milk
- ½ cup vegtable oil
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract (optional)
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat eggs thoroughly. Whisk in sugar, milk and oil.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and mix gently until combined. Don't overmix!
- Spray both surfaces of your waffle iron with cooking spray.
Cook them until golden brown and top with as much ice cream and syrup as your face can take.