Sunday, April 22, 2012

Red Velvet Goodness




































 This weekend my mom came to visit and while out having breakfast someone mentioned Red Velvet cake. I had never tried it so I looked up a recipe and when we did some grocery shopping I bought all of the ingredients, well actually my mom paid (thanks mom), so technically she bought it. It is quite easy to make and I followed this recipe. I used an entire bottle of red food colouring, when in fact I only needed one ounce which is only 30ml and not the 45ml bottle that I used. Learn from my mistakes. Red Velvet cake is usually topped with a white cream cheese icing, but because my sibling and her boyfriend do not like icing (I know right), I used a chocolate icing mix that they are particularly fond of. I can't wait for an excuse to try and whip up a Red Velvet cake with cream cheese icing. Yum! Watch this space. On another note because I only have a Blackberry, I don't have access to the wonderful world of Instagram, so instead I need to resort to Photoshop to make pictures look pretty. I followed this amazing tutorial from Pugly Pixel, and now you can too. And that is all.